Sunday, December 24, 2006

Artist Of The Week - Willie Nelson



I Couldn't Believe It Was True

Just As I Am (Instrumental)

Can I Sleep In Your Arms

Alright, I saved the best for last. (Front to back this may be my favorite album.)This is a concept album which "focuses on the tribulations of a wandering preacher in the Old West as he comes to terms with the powers of love, hate, vengeance and, finally, redemption." I remember I was at a friends beach house a few years back and someone put on the Red Headed Stranger Album. A few of us were sitting in rocking chairs on a porch looking at the ocean in the early morning hours. It was the perfect soundtrack to the winding down of the nights festivities. If you're a fan of this album, I recommend checking out the Red Headed Stranger movie (A visual production of the music) While you're at it check out Honeysuckle Rose (my personal favorite Willie movie) Merry Christmas everybody!

Songs No Longer Available

Click here for more info on Willie Nelson