Saturday, January 06, 2007

It's Alive! - Johnny Cash / Willie Nelson



I pretty much despised country music throughout high school and into college. I occasionally heard stuff that was on the radio and I just didn't get it. That is till i saw the VH1 Storytellers special with Willie Nelson and Johnny Cash back in 1998. I sat through the whole show and was blown away. I guess this was my "gateway drug" into the world of country music. Honestly I still don't particularly care for any current "country" stars, but after watching this TV special I discovered some great music that I once ignored: The Carter Family, Hank Williams, Waylon Jennings, David Allan Coe, etc.....)

Songs No Longer Available






(Ghost) Riders In The Sky

Funny How Time Slips Away

Folsom Prison Blues

All songs from the VH1 Storytellers Album