Thursday, March 15, 2007

90's Rap Week - Beastie Boys



I saw the Beastie Boys at the first Lollapaloza I went to back in 1994.... and I thought I was going to die. I was standing near the front of the stage before the show started and I was surrounded by thousands of people. All of a sudden the Beasties jumped on stage and the crowd went nuts. Before I knew it I was being swayed back & forth with the crowd while my feet were not touching the ground. It was like an ocean of people and I was in the middle of a storm. I finally weened my way towards the back of the crowd and enjoyed a hell of show (Other acts that year included: A Tribe Called Quest, Green Day, Smashing Pumpkins & George Clinton) I prefer License to Ill & Paul's Boutique over these albums, but these are still pretty strong.

Songs No Longer Available

Sure Shot - off Ill Communication

Professor Booty - off Check Your Head

Click here for more info on the Beastie Boys