Monday, November 19, 2007

Artist of the Week - Henry Rollins



Let's take a trip back to my high school years. I was 15 or 16 and frequently visited the Blue Dog record store in downtown Fredericksburg (which unfortunately closed a few years ago) This store had an incredible used CD section to browse through.(I'm not talking about 30 copies of Caption & Tennille's greatest hits either (no offense to the C & T fans) Anyways I'd heard of Henry Rollins through Blag Flag but i didn't know much about him or his music. The CD cover to the left struck my curiosity so I purchased the CD not knowing what to expect... what the hell i think it was like 5 bucks. Anyways I paid for the the CD, threw it in my car stereo and boom!I became a fan for life . The songs were heavy but you could understand the lyrics....and the lyrics spoke perfectly to me during those awkward teenage years. The songs are about frustration, heartbreak, and self worth. I've purchased many Rollins Band discs after this , but this still remains my favorite. We'll get into some other stuff as the week progresses.

Grip

You Didn't Need

Buy The End of Silence

Click here for more info on Henry Rollins