Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Crazy Crazy Nights



Hello everybody out in the Internet world. Hopefully most of you are about to enjoy a four day weekend. I'm just sitting here, relaxed and listening to channel 53 - Soultown on my Sirius Boombox (James Brown - Hot Pants is on) Anyways I thought it would be fun (at least for me) to type out a list of all the live shows I've had the pleasure (and sometimes displeasure) of attending over the last few years. The venue's ranged from dark dank punk clubs in DC to Theatres to Coliseums to humongous outdoor festivals. Like I've said in earlier blogs, my first "real concert" was Metallica back in 1992..so that's where it began. I've seen a few of these bands 2,3,4 times..but i won't bore you with the details.Chances are I'll probably forget a few shows and I'm not going to try to list local bands or lounge acts at the Holiday Inn..ha-ha. I've got a pile of old concert tickets and Cd towers to help jog my memory. In no particular order, here we go:

Wilco, The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, Jimmy Eat World, Flogging Molly, Bobby Bare Jr., Metallica, Megadeth, REO Speedwagon, Huey Lewis & the News, Weird Al Yankovic, Tom Rush, Bruce Springsteen, Jimmy Buffett, Twisted Sister, Maceo Parker, GWAR, The Misfits, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Willie Nelson, The Get Up Kids, Hot Water Music, O.A.R, The New Amsterdams, Dashboard Confessional, Weezer, Tool, Bob Dylan, Ryan Adams, Ben Kweller, Culture, Fear, The Meatmen, The New Bomb Turks, Stretch Armstrong, God Forbid, Jeff Tweedy, David Lee Roth, David Allen Coe, Slick Rick & Doug E. Fresh, Vanilla Ice, Derrick Trucks Band Lollapalooza 1994: The Smashing Pumpkins, Beastie Boys, George Clinton & the P-Funk All Stars, A Tribe Called Quest, L7, Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, Green Day. Lollapalooza 1995: Sonic Youth, Hole, Cypress Hill, Beck, The Jesus Lizard. Lollapalooza 1996: Metallica, Soundgarden, The Ramones, Rancid, Screaming Trees, Wu-Tang Clan Vans Warp Tour 1997: Sick of It All, Pennywise, Less Than Jake, Decendents, Suicide Machines. New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival: Santana, Funky Meters, Shaggy, Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown, Keller Williams, Spearhead, The Preservation Hall Jazz Band. Well I think that's it for the "big name" bands. I'm sure I missed a few but I guess they weren't that memorable. By next year hopefully this list will be even bigger. On with the music!