Monday, January 21, 2008

Wonder Years - The Mighty Mighty Bosstones



If you're familiar with this site (or if you just look at the name) it's fairly obvious that I love the 80's. As much as i love the decade of decadence, i did most of my "growing up" in the 90's. During this decade I graduated from high school and stated my college years. This was also the time that I started going to rock concerts, buying music, and basically becoming a music junkie. Anyways this week I'm going to dedicate the posts to some of the tunes that were playing in my car stereo, spinning at parties, etc during my "Wonder Years". Let's kick this off with one of my favorite bands from my high school years. For the most part i felt that the "ska music explosion" in the 90's gave attention to some really shit music but these guys always seemed like the real deal. I got the chance to see these guys live twice (first time at Lollapalooza, second time many years later in a small club in Richmond) The Richmond show produced one of the oddest things I've seen at a show. Some guy in the audience kept yelling out stuff to Dicky Barrett (the singer) and finally Dicky said ,"why don't you come up here and do something about it." well the guy took him up on the offer and jumped on stage and punched the singer in the face. hey he asked him to do it. alright enough talking....I've got to watch Rock of Love.

Kinder Words

365 Days

Click here for more info on The Mighty Mighty Bosstones