Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Soundtrack Week - Into The Wild


I saw this movie a few months back but didn't buy the CD till a few weeks ago. I think I meant to purchase it earlier but if you're like me sometimes you're at a record store and you know you want something but your mind goes blank. (Call me old fashioned but I still go to an actual store to buy music) The movie was pretty good but I found myself paying more attention to the music than the actual story. If you haven't seen the movie or listened to the soundtrack I recommend both. It was a pretty amazing thing for a person to do...to live on your own terms , without rules or material objects. A Buddhist philosophy if you will. Some call it idiotic and some call it brave. I guess that's the point of the movie. I think we all have the itch every once in awhile to do something like this but few have the balls and/or stupidity (depending on your point of view) to actually follow through. Hey i''ll be the first to admit that I enjoy the modern conveniances of today's world...so would I do it? Hmmn... maybe for a week or two and then i'd want to come back to my oversized couches and digital cable. Till next time......

Both songs performed by Eddie Vedder