Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Big City Nights - Bob Dylan


So i flew back into ole Charleston last night right before midnight. Thank god i took off work today. New York was a blast. I've never seen anything like it in my life. I didn't get a chance to see any "big name' bands while in the city but i did catch quite a bit of live music in various bars. I didn't get to go to Cafe Wha? but my buddy and i checked out the Comedy Cellar right next store and saw 2 hours of comedy for ten bucks. I can't recall all the names but we say Louis CK, Sherrod Small, some guy from Opie & Anthony, a writer from Chapelle's show and about four others. This was on a Sunday night and the place was packed. I ended up being out till at least four each night because time flies and so much was going on . Anyways it was a great trip and i hope to get back sooner than later because three days wasn't enough time to see everything. (although i don't have anymore money so it was a good time to leave) I'll try to post some tunes that remind me of the trip this week. The first track is pretty self explanatory. I was in a bar in Hell's Kitchen and started rapping with the bartender (not like Biggie Smalls rapping..just talking) Beautiful girl by the way....... and we started talking about music and Dylan come up so she put in the Desire Album for me......so that explains the second track. Okay I've got to crash because it's back to the salt mines tomorrow. I hope this all made sense because I'm exhausted.