Sunday, March 02, 2008


Since Wilco postponed their Friday show in Charleston, I decided to mosey on over to a local watering hole and check out Black Cash and the Bad Trips. As you can probably guess they are a Johnny Cash cover band. To my surprise I thought the band was actually really good and I feel they did justice honoring the Man in Black's catalogue. They played all the classics as well as many songs off the American Recordings Albums (including the track below..one of my favorites) These guys also played some Hank Williams, Waylon Jennings, and Charlie Daniel's tunes. If they come to your town and you're a Cash fan I'd check em out for yourself.....good beer drinking music. Oh yeah I did check out Wilco on SNL last night. I thought they sounded pretty good..Tweedy's "Gram Parsons like" suit was amusing.