Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Bruuuuuuuuuce Week!


Okay I'll admit i have a bit of a sickness. I bet i could go through my entire CD collection and tell what store and what city i purchased the album in and be 99% accurate. This is Bruce week so lets talk about when i purchased the Nebraska Album.
I was living in Richmond, VA (this was about 4 years ago) and i went up to Fredericksburg for a friend's grandma's wake. This was during the middle of the week and i had to work the next day so i had to head back that same night. After the wake i went out with some friends for dinner and i had a beer or two so i was pretty relaxed.... and then i headed to the local Best Buy to make a purchase. I was going through a huge acoustic music phase at the time so Springsteen's Nebraska album was on my list of "must haves." Anyways i purchased the CD and instead of hitting the interstate i decided to go down trusty Route 1. This was my favorite way to get back and forth from Fredericksburg to Richmond throughout the years. When driving down that road it almost feels like going back in time. Old farmhouses, general stores, inns, etc (unfortunately due to the development explosion most of it's "old charm" has vanished) Anyways it was around 9pm so it was quite dark but i had clear skies so the stars were in abundance. I Threw in the CD and for about 45 minutes nothing was wrong in my world. I've touched on the power that music has in the night when you're all alone. It's hard to put into words but it was a magical night that I'll never forget. Here's two tracks that kept me company that night.