Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Bridging The Gap - Bruce Springsteen

Hello again and welcome to another addition of "Bridging The Gap." If you were a Cobra Kai follower last year you may remember that I already did a Springsteen edition. Well as most of you know the man came out with another album so the gap grew larger.
I've always been a fan of this first song but it really hit home for me this past December. I was in the North Carolina Mountains with my girlfriend and a few other friends just jumping from small town to small town. This was the first time I've seen that part of the state so it was a bit of an adventure. Well after we stopped at various outlooks and a few gin halls we were on our way to our final destination (in case you were wondering it was Saluda for some dinner) anyways the air was cold, the sky was dark, and I had a mellow buzz from the beers I just had. This song popped on out of nowhere on a local community radio station (I can't recall the name at the time). Anyways it was the perfect soundtrack to the evening.

As far as the second song goes it's plays at the end of the movie The Wrestler. (Which was one of my favorite flicks from the past year) alright that's all I got for now. Hope you enjoy. Till next time



Spirit in the Night
The Wrestler

Click here for more info on Bruce Springsteen