Thursday, April 10, 2008

Some Old Sad Bastard Music - The New Amsterdams


I got the inspiration for these posts from the clip below (i tried posting the clip the first time i had one of these but youtube wasn't cooperating).
I posted some Get Up Kids a few weeks ago so i figured we'd show some love to the former singer of the band.
I caught The New Amsterdams (which at the time was just a solo Matthew Pryor) about four years ago at a club in Richmond, VA. The show had 5 or six acts (a little too many if you ask me) so by the time The New Amsterdams hit the stage about 40 people were left. I was actually excited about this because i got to stand up front without being elbowed or walked in front off every 2 minutes and enjoyed one of my favorite performers. Here's two tracks that fit pretty well into this category.